Thursday, November 8, 2012

Welcome back best friend: The concluding results

     I feel like when I'm with Melinda, I have to take some sort of tool (which I don't know the name of...) to pry open her mouth! It's not easy to get her to talk, yet I don't force her like the principal. I felt like when I was helping her, I was slowly being drug into her head and the shadow tried to capture me, but I escaped. I wanted to give up during the process, but I knew I couldn't. I knew that there was hope for Melinda and I needed to be there for her through it all.
      I tried talking to her, her parents even. I attempted (attempt is the key word here my dears) to set her up with the online hotline and "type" to someone her problems. Melinda says that those people don't know her and that if she said anything to anyone It'd be to someone who knew her. I asked her if she would talk to me. I got a glimpse of the whole situation. Just a peak of what Melinda is suffering from. Heather just blew her off. Just because Melinda is in pain and is depressed doesn't mean you should abandon and leave her. No! You stay with them and help them through it! Melinda might not listen to me but I give her advice on the hook and she bites onto it.



     These days, you see Melinda-wait for it...drum roll please!- smiling! No more tears, no more pain. She showed that beast who Melinda Sordino is and that she was not a person you can just wipe your muddy boots onto. She laughs too! Oh gosh how great it is to hear that laugh! She comes to school everyday and does her work. She isn't even a "plain jane" anymore, nor is she a "Martha" or "Goth." Melinda is a strong, beautiful, smart, happy, smiley, popular, cheery, girl is my best friend.  She won't let anyone hurt her in any form or fashion. I dare you to find a clan to place her in! She can't be placed in any of them. She is her own unique kind. Melinda Sordino ladies and gentlemen is brand new and not the same girl with the tear rolling down her cheek. Looks like my work here is done. Now just to be...best friends.
Picture in yearbook
Sophomore year
Class Picnic




No comments:

Post a Comment